Energy Efficiency and Green Building for REALTORS
The ASU Workshop series is pleased to bring this exceptional 1/2 day class to NC REALTORS® doing business in the High Country. High performance building, A.K.A Energy Efficient and Green Certified construction makes up over 40% of the building stock currently constructed in NC. These certified buildings combined with NC's recent energy code improvements, the increased usage of renewable energy strategies and the increased number of energy retrofits is proof that the NC building market has transformed in recent years and the time is NOW to obtain updated training or to develop an understanding of these rapidly evolving principles.
The goal of this class is to help the real estate broker develop the skills they will need to confidently represent and sell structures that are high performance certified or that possess significant green features such as renewable energy components. REALTORS® are the hub of the real estate transaction and therefore are uniquely in a position to provide information and communicate with buyers, sellers, other agents, appraisers and lenders. By design this class will improve the students’ fundamental knowledge of the topic, highlight communication techniques to implement and provide information that will be useful in their day-to-day business affairs. This information will include:
- An overview of the 3rd party Energy Efficient and Green Building CERTIFIED programs typically used in NC.
- How to verify a structure is certified, obtaining a copy of the certification and who provides it.
- Identifying green features that are marketable in the absence of a certification.
- The HERS score – what is it, how to us it and understanding how it differentiates structures.
- NC’s new residential Energy Code – the future of housing has arrived in the regulatory sector. How does this impact the REALTOR®?
- All you need to know to confidently market and sell high performance structures.
- Communication strategies to be used with clients, other agents, appraisers and lenders.
- Working and sharing information with Appraisers using the Appraisal Institutes Energy Efficiency and Green Building addendum
- What energy and green information should go on your MLS input sheet.
- The “green” MLS and expanding it into your region.
- Information that will help the broker improve their individual marketability and a certificate of completion stating the student has gain proficiency in energy efficiency and green building.
Location: 130 Poplar Grove Connector, at the Appalachian Enterprise Center building -plenty of parking, no pass needed-
Time: 9:00am-1:00pm (coffee & snacks provided)
Continuing Education Credits Offered: 4 hour real estate
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion
Chuck Perry, Program Director of the North Carolina Energy Efficiency Alliance (NCEEA)
This workshop is approved for a 100% scholarship for participants located in a 7 county region in the High Country with no out-of-pocket costs to you! Click here to see if you qualify and for the required paperwork to receive your registration code.
The incredible pace by which technology advances has strongly influence the building industry. Now with multiple forms of communication at our fingertips, improvements in code and building science, product advancements and competitive pricing owning a high performance home or building has become a reality. Whether you are proficient on this topic or new to the concept this class will deliver accurate and useful information.
Please join us!
Appalachian Energy Center
Appalachian State University
Dr. Jeff Ramsdell, Director
828-262-7514 (Appalachian Energy Center)
401 Academy Street
226 IG Greer Hall
ASU Box 32131
Boone, NC 28608