The Next Generation of Housing - CE for REALTORS
High performance building, A.K.A energy efficient and green certified construction makes up over 40% of the building stock currently constructed in NC. These certified buildings combined with NC’s recent energy code improvements is proof that the NC building market has transformed and the time is NOW to obtain updated training to develop an understanding of these rapidly evolving principles.
The goal of this class is to help the real estate broker develop the skills they will need to confidently represent and sell structures that possess significant green features. This class will improve the students’ fundamental knowledge of the topic, highlight communication techniques to implement and provide information that will be useful in their day-to-day business affairs.
This information will include:
- An overview of the 3rd party Energy Efficient and Green Building CERTIFIED programs
- How to verify if a structure is certified
- Identifying green features that are marketable in the absence of a certification.
- The HERS score – what is it, how to us it and understanding how it differentiates structures.
- NC’s new residential Energy Code – How does this impact the REALTOR®?
- All you need to know to confidently market and sell high performance structures.
- Communication strategies to be used with clients, other agents, appraisers and lenders.
- Working and sharing information with Appraisers using the Appraisal Institutes Energy
- Efficiency and Green Building addendum
- What energy and green information should go on your MLS input sheet.
- The “green” MLS and expanding it into your region.
- Information that will help the broker improve their individual marketability and a certificate of completion stating the student has gain proficiency in energy efficiency and green building.
*Early Registration Cost: $100 - Register by close of business day May 9th to receive discount
Location: Appalachian State University Campus, exact location TBD
Time: Friday, May 30th 9:00am-1:00pm
Continuing Education Credits Offered: Under review for 4 CEUs for REALTORS
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion
Chuck Perry is the Program Director for the North Carolina Energy Efficiency Alliance (NCEEA). He has 25 years of experience in residential new home industry and over the years he has developed a passion for high performance construction and sharing better building practices with homebuilders statewide.
Learn more about Chuck and the NCEEA here.
Appalachian Energy Center
Appalachian State University
Dr. Jeff Ramsdell, Director
828-262-7514 (Appalachian Energy Center)
401 Academy Street
226 IG Greer Hall
ASU Box 32131
Boone, NC 28608