The mission of the Appalachian Energy Center is to conduct applied research and to provide services and education in support of the development and deployment of clean energy technologies, policies, and economics.
Currently, our work is collected in five general categories:
- Clean Energy Conversion and Supply
- Efficient Distribution and Grid Integration
- Energy Consumption and Efficient Infrastructure
- Emerging Issues, Policy, Economic and Societal Impacts
- Extension, Education and Outreach
Our core funding from the North Carolina legislature is heavily leveraged to acquire additional external funding that produces greater benefit to citizens and business owners in North Carolina and beyond.