College and University students are invited to submit an abstract for their energy-related research or project and be a part of the 8th annual Appalachian Energy Summit. This is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their work, develop business skills, and network with students and professionals. $1,700 in cash prizes will be awarded.
Submit topics related to clean energy such as: efficiency, emissions, renewables, storage, transportation, and behavior change. Students must be a degree seeking student and able to attend the Summit July 29 & 30, 2019.
New this year
One-third of your abstract and poster should highlight: WHY THIS MATTERS
How does this research or project:
- Inform about ways to reduce climate impacts?
- Positively benefit society and the environment?
- Advance clean energy technologies or behaviors?
Deadlines and requirements
College and University students are invited to complete and submit the Student Poster Submission Form by May 15, 2019. Students whose posters are accepted will receive free access to the Summit which includes lodging and meals. Poster setup will take place the afternoon of July 29. Students will be required to be at their posters in the morning and at lunch time on July 30.
- Call for Posters
- Submit Abstract - Complete form by May 15, 2019. The submission form is now closed.
*Note: Students who submit abstracts for the Poster Competition must also apply to the AES Student Summit on this page.
- Poster specifications, Judging rubric
- 2019 Appalachian Energy Summit
- 2019 Student Summit Information
- Grand Prize: $500 (1 undergraduate and 1 graduate/PhD)
- Honorable Mention: $200 (1 undergraduate and 1 graduate/PhD)
- People's Choice: $300
Note: Based on submissions received the prize categories are subject to change. The decision of the judges shall be final.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, 828.262.8913