The Appalachian Energy Summit is Postponed: New Date TBD. Check back for details.
College and University students are invited to submit an abstract for their energy-related research or project and be a part of the ninth-annual Appalachian Energy Summit. This is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their work, develop business skills, and network with students and professionals. $1,700 in cash prizes will be awarded.
Submit topics related to clean energy such as: efficiency, emissions, renewables, storage, transportation, and behavior change. Students must be a degree seeking student and able to attend the Summit June 11-12, 2020.
New this year
How does this research or project:
- Inform about ways to reduce climate impacts?
- Positively benefit society and the environment?
- Advance clean energy technologies or behaviors?
Deadlines and requirements
College and University students are invited to complete and submit the Student Poster Submission Form by April 30, 2020. Students whose posters are accepted will receive free access to the Summit which includes lodging and meals. Poster setup will take place the afternoon of June 11. Students will be required to be at their posters in the morning and at lunch time on June 12.
- Call for Posters
- Submit Abstract - Form removed
PDF of poster will be required to be uploaded one week before Summit
*Note: Students who submit abstracts for the Poster Competition must also apply to the AES Student Summit
- Poster specifications, Judging rubric
- 2020 Appalachian Energy Summit
- 2020 Student Summit Information
- Grand Prize: $500 (1 undergraduate and 1 graduate/PhD)
- Honorable Mention: $200 (1 undergraduate and 1 graduate/PhD)
- People's Choice: $300
Note: Based on submissions received the prize categories are subject to change. The decision of the judges shall be final.
Email email@example.com, 828.262.8913