Appalachian Energy Summit Student Poster Competition
College and University students are invited to submit an abstract for their energy-related research or project and be a part of the Appalachian Energy Summit June 7-9, 2023. The Energy Summit is a free event for all attendees. The two highest ranking posters in each of the graduate and undergraduate categories are eligible to earn cash prizes! There will be non-cash accolades for posters earning Honorable Mention.
- Must be a degree seeking undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student in the U.S. currently performing research or leading a project related to:
- Renewable energy; climate and the environment; energy efficiency and the built environment; clean transportation; power distribution and storage; energy policy; emissions; behavior change; or similar topic.
- There are no limitations regarding the origins of your scholarly project. Your work may be associated with a thesis, dissertation, individual or group class project, internship, or independent study. The work you submit must be your own.
- Emphasize the significance of your research. How this research or project:
- Inform about ways to reduce climate impacts?
- Positively benefit society and the environment?
- Advance clean energy technology or behaviors?
- If you have any questions, including those about content relevance, email James Sharp firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 01, 2023: Online applications will open. The application form will be accessible under the "Apply" section of this webpage.
*Deadline Extended!* May 26, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.: Application deadline
June 7-9, 2023: The Applacahian Energy Summit at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina.
Submit the completed online application no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST), Friday, May 26, 2023.
Review the application in advance to give yourself plenty of time to prepare your submission before the deadline. Please email email@example.com with any questions or if you experience any issues submitting the application.
After the submission deadline, the Appalachian Energy Center will review each submission for topic relevancy, quality of research concept, and overall quality of submission content. Students whose poster concept submissions meet the competition's standards will be invited to participate in the competition before May 30, 2023. Learn more about poster specifications for the competition.