Appalachian Energy Summit Virtual Poster Competition
College and University students are invited to submit an abstract for their energy-related research or project and be a part of the Mid-year Appalachian Energy Summit in February 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their work. Cash prizes will be awarded in three categories. This year's posters will be submitted as slide decks for easier online viewing.
- Must be a degree seeking undergraduate, graduate or PhD student currently performing research or leading a project related to:
- Renewable Energy
- Climate and Environment
- Energy Efficiency and the Built Environement
- Clean Transportation
- Power Distribution and Storage
- Energy Policy
- Behavior Change
- Highlight WHY THIS MATTERS, how does this research or project:
- Inform about ways to reduce climate impacts?
- Positively benefit society and the environment?
- Advance clean energy technology or behaviors?
- Fill out the abstract form (link coming soon)
- To include: 500 words or less describing your research or project, up to 5 research references, and faculty advisor
- Once you have been accepted:
- Prepare 5 slides for your poster using this template , and a 5 minute video pitching your poster
November 30, 2020: Abstract application period closes
December 14, 2020: Applicants will be notified if they are selected
January 18, 2021: Poster slides and video deadline to upload
February TBD, 2021: Winners will be announced at the Mid-year Appalachian Energy Summit