Appalachian Energy Summit Virtual Poster Competition
College and University students are invited to submit an abstract for their energy-related research or project and be a part of the virtual Mid-year Summit on February 11, 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their work and win cash prizes. This year's posters will be submitted as slide decks for easier online viewing with a short video.
UPDATE: The poster competition in February has been canceled. We will hold a poster competition at the Energy Summit this summer.
- Must be a degree seeking undergraduate, graduate or PhD student in the US currently performing research or leading a project related to:
- Renewable Energy
- Climate and Environment
- Energy Efficiency and the Built Environment
- Clean Transportation
- Power Distribution and Storage
- Energy Policy
- Behavior Change
- Highlight WHY THIS MATTERS, how does this research or project:
- Inform about ways to reduce climate impacts?
- Positively benefit society and the environment?
- Advance clean energy technology or behaviors?
- Fill out this abstract form by December 14, 2020. The abstract form is closed.
- To include: 500 words or less describing your research or project, up to 5 research references, and faculty advisor
- Once you have been accepted:
December 14, 2020: Abstract application period closes
December 21, 2020: Applicants will be notified if they are selected
January 18, 2021: Poster slides and video deadline to upload
February 11, 2021: Winners will be announced at the virtual Mid-year Appalachian Energy Summit