Appalachian Energy Center Grant Opportunity
The Appalachian Energy Center (AEC) invites proposals for funding to support research, engagement, and educational activities that align with the state-sponsored portion of our mission. Appalachian faculty and staff may request up to $5,000 to support work conducted now through the end of the 16-17 fiscal year in one or more of the following focus areas:
- Clean Energy Conversion and Supply - This program area seeks to support design, manufacturing, and implementation of renewable energy systems in North Carolina, including education, outreach, and research activities that lead to an increase in the number and scale of renewable energy systems installed in the state.
- Efficient Distribution and Grid Integration - This program area seeks to improve the efficiency of energy distribution across the state and includes work on distributed generation, emerging power systems, and electric utility operations and infrastructure innovations.
- Energy Consumption and Efficient Infrastructure - This program area seeks to improve the energy efficiency of both new and existing buildings while maintaining a healthy indoor environment, as well as improving the efficiency of transportation systems in North Carolina.
- Emerging Issues, Policy, Economics and Societal Impacts - This program area is primarily concerned with energy-related greenhouse gas emissions, environmental asset markets, and development and deployment of technologies and business models that improve economic outcomes for citizens and businesses.
- Extension, Education and Outreach - This program area seeks to provide resources and services to disseminate knowledge, increase understanding, and enable adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies. Work in this program area includes workforce development and continuing education activities, outreach and community engagement, and extension services and development assistance.
Application instructions, including a description of our funding priorities and an application package are attached below. Submission deadline is 5pm on November 10, 2016. If you have questions, feel free to call Jeff Ramsdell, Appalachian Energy Center Director, at 262-6662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Center News
Dr. Jeff Ramsdell, Director
828-262-7514 (Appalachian Energy Center)
401 Academy Street
226 IG Greer Hall
ASU Box 32131
Boone, NC 28608