Registration link will open in early May
COVID-19: The Appalachian Energy Center will follow the guidelines currently in place at the time of the workshop by Appalachian State University and the State of North Carolina in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Please refer to this page for the latest updates in University operations.
The 2021 Appalachian Clean Energy CLE workshop will provide attorneys and other attendees with knowledge on issues related to clean energy facing North Carolina, innovative energy policy in the southeast, and energy market reform at the state and federal level. Sessions will include:
- NC regulatory & legislative update, EO 80, NC Energy Regulatory Process and outputs
- NC utility-scale solar case study: Birdseye Renewable Energy
- NC local government taking action on climate change
- Innovative energy policy in the Southeast
- Carbon market development
- What's on the horizon / energy market reform
Location: Plemmons Student Union Room 420 Parkway Ballroom. Parking at College Street parking deck.
Time: 9:00am - 4:30 pm
Continuing Education Credits Offered: 6 General Hours NC CLE (under review by the NC State Bar), 6 PDH, 6 CPE
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion
- Josh Brooks, Senior Associate, Electricity Pratice, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Thad Culley, Senior Manager, Public Policy, Sunrun
- Jamey Goldin, Gloabal Energy Markets and Policy, Regional Energy Regulatory Counsel, Google (pending)
- William Shobe, Director of Center for Economic & Policy studies, Professor of Public Policy, University of Virginia
- Ben Smith, Regulatory Counsel, North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association
- Representative from Birdseye Renewable Energy
- Representative from Duke Energy Corporation
- More pending!