The 2022 Appalachian Clean Energy CLE workshop will provide attorneys and other attendees with knowledge on clean energy issues facing North Carolina, innovative energy policy and planning for the state, and federal climate change reporting requirements. Sessions will include:
- NC regulatory & legislative update, carbon plan update, performance-based regulation
- NC utility-scale transmission planning
- NC clean transportation planning, EV infrastructure development, IIJA Grants
- Net metering settlement update
- Corporate climate change disclosure reporting updates
- Utility Commissioners outlook on the NC energy landscape
Continuing Education Credits Offered: 6 General Hours NC CLE
- Provide attendees an annual update on regulatory and legislative developments impacting clean energy in North Carolina.
- Provide attendees current information and new knowledge that will be useful in the next year on both energy efficiency, renewable energy issues, and energy market reform.
Scheduled Presenters (Subject to Change)
- Brett Breitschwerdt, Partner, McGuire Woods
- Josh Brooks, Director of State Programs and Strategy, New Energy Economics
- Thad Culley, Senior Manager, Public Policy, Sunrun
- Tim Dodge, Regulatory Counsel, NC Electric Cooperatives
- Kimberly Duffley, Commissioner, North Carolina Utilities Commission
- Kendrick Fentress, Deputy General Counsel, Duke Energy
- John Gajda, Public Utilities Engineer, NC Utilities Commission
- Karen Kemerait, Commissioner, North Carolina Utilities Commission
- Tammy Kowalczyk, Professor of Accounting, Dixon-Hughes Fellow, Appalachian State University
- Nadia Luhr, Attorney, Public Staff
- Floyd McKissick, Commissioner, North Carolina Utilities Commission
- David Neal, Senior Attorney, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Ben Smith, Regulatory Counsel, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton
- Gudrun Thompson, Senior Attorney and Energy Efficiency Regional Leader, Southern Environmental Law Center
- Jennifer Weiss, Senior Advisor for Climate Change Policy, NC Department of Transportation
Early Registration Cost: $300* (lunch included) *Cost after September 30th: $350
Work for a government or nonprofit agency? Email James Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the 25% discount rate for governmental and nonprofit entities.
Event Location: Appalachian State University, Plemmons Student Union, Room #137 (B & C) "Grandfather Ballroom"
Physical Location: 263 Locust Street, Boone, NC 28608
Parking: River Street Parking Deck
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration on or before October 14th for a refund, minus the $50 processing fee. There will be NO refunds after October 14, 2022.
Having Trouble Accessing Our Registration Page? Try clearing your browser cookies and try the registration link again. If you continue to have trouble with the registration system, contact James Sharp at email@example.com